Sunday, September 30, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
Hello Swappers Contest # 1
Well it is almost the end of September's swap and October's will start. I hope everyone is having a wonderful 1st swap in September, and remember if you do not see your name on the list and want to join the swap this month, please email DaBookLady.
The theme for this month is posted under the link to the right "October Theme" just click on it to read all about it. Also the rules have been updated, so please read them over and if you have any questions be sure to email DaBookLady.
There are other links to other interesting blog sites that you might want to surf on over to and learn more about DaBookLady or even enjoy a recipe or book information on the latest reading.
This month I hope that everyone mails out their packages and that we all have a fun swap. I have some new angels that have volunteered to help in case of any "burps" in our package swaps, however I really hope we don't need them! I think that the swap theme of "Thriller" will be a fun one and appropriate for the Halloween month of October. Be sure to ask your partner if you do not see their Amazon listing to see what books they are "Wishing" for. All wish lists are listed for each swapper on the "Wish List" page.
Just click on the link to the right and then click on your partner's name. Some of the swappers have their "Wish "Lists" on their blogs. If you have any ideas you would like to share for future swaps or any other information either email DaBookLady, comment on the blog, or post it on the blog!!
Now on to our 1st contest....Starting Now:
- There are 12 swappers... so let's play "Treasure Chest Ally".
- All you have to do is find all the items listed on the contest page and fill up the Treasure Chest.
- You will find the answers on our swappers blogs or wish lists.[since some of our swappers do not have a blog]
- Then when you finish you will email it all to DaBookLady
- Once the answers are all in after the deadline of Oct 8th, DaBookLady will post the winner and the answers on the blog
- So go on over to the contest page and read all about it and start writing those answers down and go on the Treasure Hunt.
Deadline to post is October 8th
Have fun and good luck!!!
Hello Everyone, well its the "spooky" month! So....I thought a good theme for our BABEs would be "thrillers" in otherwords, any book about Scary, fiction or non fiction. That could be a mystery or true life story, a thriller, murder, spooky, anything that your partner might enjoy to read about that has to do with friends or friendship...There are lots of books out there written about this theme and with everyone going back to school reuniting their friendships and making new ones I thought it would be appropriate. So put on those thinking caps, update your Amazon "Wish Lists" and BABEs "Wish List" so that your partner knows what you might like. Please be sure to list a link to your Amazon wish list and email it to me with your BABEs "Wish Lists" too so that I can add it to the Wish List page link to the right.I hope everyone has rested up and is ready to jump back in to swap.
Remember I need "Angels" for those packages that don't arrive. [If you can be one please email DaBookLady]
- Read the rules again as they have changed a little
- Let me know if you are not going to Swap in Sept.
- Update those "Wish Lists" ladies
- Be sure to list your "Amazon Wish List" name
Please remember that the purpose of swapping books with each other is to learn about new authors and share books that we may have read or want to read, because you might just be pleasently surprised and find a terrific read!!!!
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Ok Ladies....partners are assigned. Here is the list just in case...this is not a secret swap so do email your partner and say, "Hi" and introduse yourself and then be sure to let them know when their package goe into the mail....have fun swapping remember to check the "Wish Lists" and also try and stay with this month's theme "Friendship."
- Pooch- Sheila
- Shawnee- Connie
- Connie- Judy B
- Judy B- Debb
- Jayne -Gina
- Christine- Jayne
Monday, September 10, 2007
Beth's Wsh List
Friday, September 7, 2007
My favorite authors are: Janet Evanovich, Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb, Dean Koontz, James Paterson, Debbie Macomber, Anne George, Tami Hoag.
My hobbies are: Crocheting, knitting, reading, writing, being on the computer, and watching t.v. and movies.
My favorite books are: Stephanie Plum mysteries, Eve Dallas mysteries, the Blossom Street series.
My books I want to read: Janet Evanocih's 13, Jackie Collins latest one (I forget the title), Tami Hoag's latest.
My books I don't like: Biographies, history, sports.
My favorite type [sci-,romance,ect....]: mysteries/suspence, and the odd romance one. I will also read books related to starting a business, books on writing, and personal finance.
My favorite colors: Just about any shade of blue, dark green, light pink, and lavendar.
My allergies: as far as I know I don't have any (unless you count work).
My favorite pets: We don't have any pets at the moment, but I do like dogs
My favorite scents: Don't really have one
My Amazon Wish List link.....
Other stuff about me: Even though, I have arthritis in my hands, I still crochet and/or knit everyday.
My hobbies... I love to knit, if I could only figure out how to read and knit at the same time my life would be perfect.
My favorite books.. I love quick little mysteries that are fun to read nothing to serious or violent. I also love a spicy romance every once and awhile just to keep the old heart beating!!
My books I want to read... Blood Orange Brewing by Laura Childs and anything by Sophie Kinsella
My books I don't like.... Dorky romances ex. Harlequin and Silhouette
My favorite type [sci-,romance,ect....] Mysteries, romance and maybe a fun little vampire romance for fun.
My favorite colors... Anything bright and shiny. I love colors that speak all on their own.
My allergies... NA
My favorite pets... Currently my hubby and I share our home with two dogs a Westie and a Dachshund puppy and a house cat who lets us all live to serve her needs.
My favorite scents... Jasmine, vanilla, lavender
Other stuff about me... I am a frustrated "Martha Stewart" wannabe living in a small village of about 300 people near the Ohio River. I share my humble home with my hubby who tolerates all of my wild and crazy ideas and projects. We have 3 fur babies who totally run our lives! When things are quite I love to knit, garden, bake, and of course read. I have a passion for making everyone who comes to our home feel welcomed warmed and well loved. I hope to be able to share that with others during our swaps.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
* My favorite authors: Karen Kingsbury, Sue Grafton, Diane Mott Davidson, Christian authors, James Patterson
* My hobbies... reading, crochet, sewing, going to movies
* My favorite books... Ramona the Pest, The Left Behind Series, Harry Potter Series (I know, contradictory), cookbooks, Blossom Street, YaDa YaDa Prayer Group
* My books I want to read... new crochet pattern books by Lily Chin/Bendy Carter/Doris Chan, Died in the Wool, Culinary Mysteries
* My books I don't like.... scary books, racy novels (G or PG only please)
* My favorite type [sci-,romance,etc].... Christian novels, light mystery, romance, fantasy
* My favorite colors... red and other brights
* My allergies... too much milk
* My favorite pets... puppies, kitties, and hedgehogs
* My favorite scents... clean scents - linen, peach,
* Other stuff about me... I love cherries and Mary Engelbreit goodies, I try to do too much at one time, I've been married for 22 years in Aug and have four kids, work FT, volunteer regularly at my church nursery and run a meal assembly business part time. And I crochet and read compulsively. And I've started doing First Place weight loss again so am trying to exercise more and eat less and put God first place every day. And, my first DaBookLady swap was so much fun in May!
My favorite authors: Faye Kellerman, Jonathan Kellerman, Louis L'Amour, Dick Francis, Barbara Delinski, Luann Rice, Susann Wiggs, Debbie Macomber, Clive Cussler, Robert Heinlein, etc.
My hobbies: Crocheting, baking, reading
My books I want to read...The Burnt House - Faye Kellerman, The Family Tree - Barbara Delinski,
My books I don't like....Harlequin Romance
Non Fiction: Baking, Cooking, Crocheting
My favorite type [sci-,romance,ect....] Historical, Biography, Almost any fiction. Love to read new authors. Cops & Robbers, every day life.
My favorite colors: Blue, purple
My allergies: Dust
My favorite pets: Cats
My favorite scents Magnolia, Vanilla,
Other stuff about me...I save all my Louis L'Amour and Dick Francis books. Actually saw Dick Francis at a book signing.
Collect: Dragonflies and Fairies
Donate or Sponsor this Swap Blog
****Also, if anyone cares to make buttons, that's always appreciated! And you will be sent a small gift for every accepted button.